• SHARE

A waste disposal worker at a hospital may have died of AIDS after contracting HIV by accidentally pricking himself with discarded needles, according to a report submitted to a health ministry panel.

It is the first death of its kind reported in Japan, the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry said.

Unable to view this article?

This could be due to a conflict with your ad-blocking or security software.

Please add japantimes.co.jp and piano.io to your list of allowed sites.

If this does not resolve the issue or you are unable to add the domains to your allowlist, please see out this support page.

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW