Senior features reporter
The Japan Times seeks a bilingual senior features reporter who can write compelling, lively, timely stories on a wide range of topics for its Life & Culture Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying trends and generating story ideas, reporting, writing, and creating lifestyle and culture content.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- At least 5 years experience as a writer and/or reporter, including an ability to perform and multi-task under pressure as well as a proven ability to report and write accurately.
- A strong interest in Japanese culture.
- Fluency in Japanese and able to produce content in native English.
- Successful candidates must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
- An established network of contacts over a broad range of fields.
- A strong desire to work in a team environment.
- An aptitude for social media platforms.
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter, updated resume, 2 writing samples and a 500-word letter in Japanese and English outlining your motivation in applying for the position.
Applications close at 5 p.m. on Friday, March 9.
*All documents are not returnable. After preliminary screening, selected candidates will be contacted and asked to take written tests after interviews.
*Candidates must have a valid visa that allows them to work in Japan.