Our lives “with corona” continue and based on expert opinions, despite the promise that vaccines hold, it’s going to a long winter, with many continuing their remote work routines.
- In the latest On: Design, Mio Yamada offers a roundup of home-office items that were showcased at the recent Designart event, including rattan space dividers, updated classic furniture and a clever food stand that forces you to rethink your attachment to your smartphone.
- Writing for On: Tech, Chiho Komoriya gives you Home Sync Light, a device that allows you to sync up with a show for your own at-home concert/rave, automatically pulsing and changing color in time with the music. Maybe your neighbors will want to join in … or not?
- Ikea and Muji have obviously seen the handwriting on the wall and are expanding their showrooms and home-office offerings. Known for its cavernous outlets in the suburbs, Ikea is slowly making inroads into the city with compact stores.
- About 15,000 items such as clothing and cosmetics sold at the Isetan Shinjuku department store can now be purchased using a dedicated app.
- Had enough of your cramped home office? Zenete Zujeva has compiled a selection, spanning the nation, of attractive workation spots, ranging from pricey group pods in Karuizawa to budget-friendly accommodations in Hokkaido and Okinawa.