Annual festival of the shrine. This festival features chigo-gyoretsu, a procession of children in fancy attire, kagura-bayashi (festival music), nodate, sato-kagura (Shinto dance with music) and sanno-ondo folk dancing. Many other events are scheduled during the festival period. The festival is rather small in scale this year.
Schedule & Key events:
● June 10, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sato-Kagura in the Kaguraden hall
● June 11, 1 p.m.-, 2 p.m.- & from 3 p.m.: Chigo-gyoretsu in the main hall
from 1:45 p.m.: Kendo in the precincts
● June 11, 14 & 15 daytime Sato-kagura in the Kaguraden hall
● June 13, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kagura-bayashi in the garden
● June 13, 14 & 15 from 6:30 p.m.: Sanno-ondo in the precincts
● June 14 & 15, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Nodate in the garden
6 p.m.-8 p.m. Kagura-bayashi in the Kaguraden hall
● June 15 from noon: Taiko performance in the garden
● June 16, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Sencha (green tea) serving in the garden
Location: Hie-jinja Shrine and others, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
(1) Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line to Akasaka Station (C06) (Exit 2), and then walk 3 min.; (2) Tokyo Metro Ginza or Namboku Line to Tameike-Sanno Station (G06, N06) (Exit 7), and then walk 3 min.
Festival information compiled in cooperation with the Tourist Information Center of the Japan National Tourist Organization. (Shin-Tokyo Bldg. 1F, 3-3-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; (03) 3201-3331). Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily.