After suffering from a cough and shortness of breath for a week, Tokyo resident Joe Oliver visited the doctor to see if he should be tested for COVID-19. In this episode Oliver recounts his experience of being tested in Tokyo’s SDF military hospital in Setagaya, including the notorious PCR test that goes up your nose. Hosted by Oscar Boyd.
Sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list and be notified every time a new episode comes out: jtimes.jp/deepdivesub.
- Running out of beds and gear, Tokyo medical staff say Japan’s ‘state of emergency’ already here (Reuters)
- Japan state of emergency to cover Tokyo, Osaka and five other prefectures (Satoshi Sugiyama & Eric Johnston, The Japan Times)
- What changes under Japan’s state of emergency declaration? (Eric Johnston, The Japan Times)
- Tokyo governor asks residents to self-isolate until May 6 as virus spreads (Ryusei Takahashi, The Japan Times)
- Mild virus patients moved to hotel as Tokyo prepares for emergency (Ryusei Takahashi, The Japan Times)
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.