- 67% of people surveyed by Family Mart said they hesitate to use credit cards at convenience stores.
- 62% of people answering a survey by Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company said that they spend their summer vacation at home, not traveling (PDF).
- 31% of female respondents to a survey by MMD Labo have never downloaded a iPhone application that cost money; 33% of men replied likewise.
- 21% of “after-5 drinkers” (people who go out for drinks after 5 on any day) surveyed by Intage Inc. spend about ¥3,000 yen at each venue; more than 90% spend up to ¥5,000.
- 19% of OLs polled by OZmall play golf; 20% are interested but, for whatever reason, don’t play.
In line with the nationwide state of emergency declared on April 16, the government is strongly requesting that residents stay at home whenever possible and refrain from visiting bars, restaurants, music venues and other public spaces.