Empty nest syndrome

K'ko is suffering from what she calls "empty nest blues" — that is, being without husband or children.

"Do you know of a psychologist (American/Japanese, familiar with both cultures) and marriage counselor who works in the Shibuya/Hiroo/Roppongi area and not too expensive? I can express myself in English as well as Japanese."

We suggest you contact International Mental Health Professionals Japan. Their website is at www.imhpj.org, and it lists all the accredited counselors who can work in English. Check out their qualifications and areas of expertise, and maybe check out a few before making up your mind.