D.C. wrote to Lifelines with a question about health insurance.

"I am a U.S. citizen living and working in Japan on a Child of Japanese National visa.

"I currently have health insurance from my city's Shakai Hoken Jimusho (social insurance office) for a limited period of two years as an extension from the company I used to work for.