Initiative to support work / child care balance
The Company will be implementing an initiative or a “general employer action plan” in accordance with the Japanese law, “Advancement of Measures to Support Raising Next-Generation Children.”
What is this law?
This law obliges employers to make it possible for employees to balance work and child-raising so that the next generation can be born and raised in a healthy environment.
What is a general employer action plan?
A plan on behalf of the employer that helps enable the above law. Companies that have more than 101 full time employees are required to file their plan with the Labor Commission.
The Japan Times Plan
- Jan 1st 2015 – Dec 31st 2016
2. To focus on:
- The distribution of information regarding pre / post maternity rest, child rearing rest, child rearing benefits, exemption from social insurance contributions during pre / post maternity, child rearing rest etc…
3. Schedule and approach
- From Jan 1st 2015 –
- Procedure from rest from work to return to work
- Details of work remuneration (bonus etc…) , social insurance payments and benefits from Hello Work during maternity time.
- Details of short-term work and leave for child nursing
- Results of short term work and child nursing
- Organize social meetings between operating officers and female staff with children etc…