In Episode 1 of Recultured, we look at how 2020 ground to a halt through the lens of “Terrace House,” and hear from stars of the show about its dramatic ending amid the arrival of COVID-19.
- Aya Nogami, international music consultant: LinkedIn
- Eric Margolis, Japan Times contributor: Twitter
- Farrah Hasnain, Japan Times contributor: Twitter
- Kai Kobayashi, Terrace House member: Instagram
- Lauren Rose Kocher, co-founder Zaiko PTE: Zaiko
- Patrick St. Michel, Japan Times contributor: Twitter
- Tom Hanaway, Japan Times social editor: Twitter
- Violetta “Vivi” Polt, Terrace House member: Instagram
Recultured is brought to you by Food-e, Tokyo’s first gourmet restaurant delivery service. Food-e delivers from some of Tokyo’s finest restaurants, such as Nobu Tokyo and The Oak Door Steakhouse, to homes, offices and parties. Premium dining — now at your fingertips and available exclusively at www.food-e.jp.
If you or someone you know is in crisis and needs help, resources are available. In case of an emergency in Japan, please call 119 for immediate assistance. The TELL Lifeline is available for those who need free and anonymous counseling at 03-5774-0992. For those outside Japan, visit https://bit.ly/Suicide-Hotlines for a detailed list of resources and assistance.
This episode was hosted by Shaun McKenna and Alyssa I. Smith. It was written by Patrick St. Michel and Oscar Boyd and produced by Oscar Boyd. Our theme music was by LLLL, the sound of Tokyo, and this episode was recorded at the Temple University Japan Campus in Sangenjaya, Tokyo. Illustrations by Ming Ong.
Sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list and be notified every time a new episode comes out. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the show! Rate us, review us and share this episode with a friend if you’ve enjoyed it. Follow us on Twitter, and give us feedback.
This episode of Deep Dive may be supported by advertising based on your location. Advertising is sourced by Audioboom and is not affiliated with The Japan Times.