• Kyodo

  • SHARE

A major system outage that affected NTT Docomo Inc., Japan’s largest mobile carrier, last week constitutes a “serious incident” under the telecommunications law and the communications ministry is considering issuing an administrative order, ministry officials said Tuesday.

NTT Docomo will be required to report to the ministry by Nov. 13 the cause of the failure, which left some 2 million customers without voice and data services at one point, and measures to prevent such incidents from occurring in the future, the officials said.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

PHOTO GALLERY (CLICK TO ENLARGE)