- Defense Minister Takeshi Iwaya to visit Akita Prefecture amid local anger at errors in a geographical survey which his ministry used to select it as a potential host for Aegis Ashore missile defense system.
- Pierre Taki, actor and member of Japanese techno-pop duo Denki Groove, to be sentenced at a Tokyo District Court for cocaine use.
- First anniversary of magnitude 6.1 quake that hit northern Osaka Prefecture, killing six and injuring more than 400.
- Prime Minister Abe, opposition party leaders to hold one-on-one parliamentary debates. Expected topics include Abe’s Iran visit last week and a Financial Services Agency report criticized for estimating that a retired couple would have a shortfall of ¥20 million ($184,000) under Japan’s public pension system if they live to be 95 years old.
- BOJ Gov. Haruhiko Kuroda to hold a news conference where he is expected to give analysis on the U.S.-China trade war’s effect on the global and domestic economy.
- Mitsubishi Motors Corp., partner in three-way alliance with Nissan Motor Co. and Renault SA, to hold an ordinary general meeting of shareholders.
No major events.
- Okinawa to mark 74th anniversary of the end of the Battle of Okinawa.