• Kyodo

  • SHARE

The government will set up a team to examine why it was slow to disclose information on North Korea’s rocket launch late last week, Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura said Monday.

Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Tsuyoshi Saito will head a team consisting of Toshiro Yonemura, deputy chief Cabinet secretary for crisis management, and other senior officials from relevant ministries, Fujimura said at a press conference.

Unable to view this article?

This could be due to a conflict with your ad-blocking or security software.

Please add japantimes.co.jp and piano.io to your list of allowed sites.

If this does not resolve the issue or you are unable to add the domains to your allowlist, please see out this support page.

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW