The Tokyo Metropolitan Government is looking for candidates to sit on its new Foreign Advisory Council.

Council members will meet about four times a year to submit to the government opinions and requests concerning policies that affect the lives of foreigners in Tokyo. Japanese-speaking registered foreigners who are at least 18 years old and who will have lived in Tokyo for more than one year as of April 1, 1999, are eligible.

Applicants are asked to submit an approximately 800-character essay in Japanese on either their reason for applying or their vision of Tokyo; along with their name, age, gender, address, telephone number, occupation, nationality, residential status, number of years in Tokyo and the names of affiliated groups or organizations.

Applications should be sent by Feb. 1 to the International Affairs Division, Bureau of Citizens and Cultural Affairs at: 2-8-1 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8001. For more information, call the International Affairs Division at (03) 5388-3196.

Coronavirus banner