OSAKA – Nobuo Nashiro on Sunday vowed to bounce back after having his WBA super flyweight crown wrested away by Mexican challenger Hugo Cazares.
Nashiro failed in his third attempt to defend the title when he lost on a unanimous decision in a rematch with Cazares at Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium on Saturday.
“I can’t change what happened,” Nashiro told a news conference. “I have just to think about moving forward and getting a different result.”
Nashiro said he had been informally offered the chance of another meeting with Cazares by the Mexican’s team after Saturday’s fight.
“If he will let me fight him again, then I want to fight. I will go anywhere,” said Nashiro.
The 28-year-old Nashiro fought Cazares to a split-decision draw last September and was looking for a clear victory in the rematch. But he was put on the back foot from the opening bell and was unable to find his way back into the match.
A former WBO light flyweight champion, the 32-year-old Cazares improved his record to 31-6, including 22 knockouts, and two draws. Nashiro slipped to 13-2-1 (8 KOs).