Feb 27, 2013

Suspect in Japanese online threat case pleads innocent

A 30-year-old man arrested for allegedly making online threats through hijacked personal computers told the Tokyo District Court on Tuesday he was not involved in the high-profile case. “I have nothing to do with the case,” Yusuke Katayama told a session in which the ...

| Feb 13, 2013

Cybercrime-fighting abilities in doubt

After a series of embarrassing missteps — including multiple wrongful arrests — police investigating a high-profile cybercrime case Sunday took into custody a 30-year-old man previously convicted of a similar crime on suspicion of using hijacked computers to threaten murder. Yusuke Katayama was convicted ...