There's much more to Mormonism than this

| Nov 13, 2012

There's much more to Mormonism than this

The truth of Mormon As a Mormon living in Japan, I would like to take a moment to comment on John Spiri’s article “Against all odds, Mormons in Japan soldier on” (Zeit Gist, Oct. 23). It is nice to see more written on the ...

| Nov 6, 2012

Revisionists, the Senkakus and Debito: readers' views

Some readers’ letters in response to Debito Arudou’s Oct. 2 Just Be Cause column, “Revisionists marching Japan back to a dangerous place“: Your bias is showing, Arudou As a professional in international politics and security, and a longtime resident in Japan, reading Arudou’s column, ...

Taiji hunts continue to anger, confound readers

| Oct 30, 2012

Taiji hunts continue to anger, confound readers

Readers’ responses received to the Sept. 11 Hotline to Nagatacho column, “Stop the annual Taiji dolphin massacre, make your children proud” by Deb Bowen-Saunders, and letters published on this subject on Oct. 9 (“Call to stop dolphin hunt in Taiji makes waves,” Have Your ...

| Oct 9, 2012

Call to stop dolphin hunt in Taiji makes waves

Some of the many readers’ letters The Japan Times received in response to the Sept. 11 Hotline to Nagatacho column, “Stop the annual Taiji dolphin massacre, make your children proud” by Deb Bowen-Saunders: Dolphins are not people My response to Deb Bowen-Saunders will mirror ...

| Sep 25, 2012

Fears over Hashimoto, beefs with Berlitz story

A recipe for ‘Hashism’? Re: “How did we end up here, in ‘Hashimotopia,’ 2022?” by Christopher Robinson and Ben Stubbings (Light Gist, Aug. 28): I believe that (Osaka Mayor) Toru Hashimoto’s flip-flops are part of an ingenious political strategy. Hashimoto claimed to be opposed ...