KUTA, Indonesia – A Japanese woman missing since last weekend’s bomb attack at a Bali discotheque has been confirmed dead, hospital officials here said Sunday.
She became the second Japanese confirmed dead from the blast, with her husband being the first.
The body of 33-year-old Yuka Suzuki was identified through medical records by experts at a local hospital, the officials said.
Suzuki, from Yokohama, had been visiting the island resort since Oct. 11 with her husband, Kosuke, a 34-year-old company employee confirmed dead on Friday.
The two had been staying in a hotel near the site of the explosion and could not be found afterward, raising fears they might have been killed.
The explosion killed more than 180 people and injured about 330, including 12 Japanese. The Japanese Consulate General in Surabaya said the Suzukis appear to be the only Japanese killed.
Indonesian authorities have named no particular suspects. Other countries, however, are blaming Jemaah Islamiah, an Islamic militant group allegedly linked to al-Qaeda.
The explosion occurred at the packed Sari Club, a discotheque popular with foreigners, which is located in Bali’s congested Kuta Beach tourist area.